5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lateral lemniscus tract
- Sporadic cancers
- 3 targets of chemotherapeutic/antineoplastic agents
- a local dilation of the wall of an artery (majority occur near branch points), dilation can cause severe compression of adjacent cranial nerves, rupture can have serious consequences
- b 1) attack pathways that are regulated by tumor suppressor genes
2) design drugs that only affect mutated proteins
3) activate the immune system to destroy cancer
- c Mechanism
- interferes with ETC and pyrimidine synthesis
- treats dormant LIVER (hypnozoite) forms of P.
vivax and P. ovale
- some have emerged (require repeated therapy
and INC dosage)
- hemolysis w/ G6PD deficiency (SCREEN!!)
- d afferent - auditory
- e mutation in both copies of p53 most likely; mutation in RB1 or of one copy of BRCA1/BRCA2 in half of sporadic breast ca.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The fetus is sexually bipotential until this many weeks gestation
- The precentral gyrus from the three horizontal gyri of the frontal lobe
- released by the stomach in the presence of food; gastrin promotes muscular activity of the stomach as well as secretion of hydrochloric acid, pepsinogen, and mucus
- the rolandic sulcus
- His personality deteriorated, yielding a vulgar, impulsive, emotionally reactive and unreliable drifter
5 True/False questions
Vinca Alkaloids → myelinate axons in the PNS, have phagocytic activity and clear cellular debris. Immature S-cells are generated from S-cell precursors that originate from neural crest
Optic Chiasma → this is the secretory phase of the menstrual cycle; it includes the events after ovulation including elevated P4 and E2 that slowly declines up until the point of menses
DNA intercalating → From rosy periwinkle (Vinca rosea)
Inhibits mitotic spindles by inhibiting microtubule formation
Additional dose-dependent side effect = peripheral neuropathy
What contraindications/precautions should be taken when administering Penicillin G? → Hypersensitivity to drugs in the Macrolide class.
Patients with impaired hepatic and biliary function.
While studying several generations of a particular family, a geneticist observed that a certain disease was found equally in males and females and that all children who had the disease had parents who also had the disease. The gene coding for this disease is probably? → Autosomal dominant