Salesforce Service Cloud: Console
Terms in this set (53)
In order to use the Salesforce Console for Service
users need to have the Service Cloud User feature license.
Salesforce Console for Service
is a one-stop shop for Cases, Accounts, Contracts, Entitlements, Live Agent, and Knowledge.
Benefits of the Console
1. View support data in a faster, more interactive manner.
2. Interact with multiple contextual records on screen.
3. Solve cases quickly by inbuilt searching of Salesforce Knowledge.
4. Retain key information on screen at all times.
5. Integrate with Live Agent.
Layout of the Console
1. Primary tabs
4. Highlights Panel
5. Console Components
7. Most Recent tabs
8. Interaction Log
This can be used to search, create and run a macro.
Perform multiple actions in one click, such as send an email and update a case.
Open the Macro widget from within the console
by using the keyboard shortcut of (M)
If you use the macro to send an email
it can't be undone
Users can create a new macro
and create a unique name for it
Customize the logo
Custom logos can be selected for display
Integrate Live Agent and telephony into the UI
Live Agent and the SoftPhone can be integrated with the Console.
Choose which objects appear and where
Objects can be selected for display in tabs or sub-tabs, including Visualforce pages.
Reduce time needed to refresh the page
Lists and detail pages can be set to automatically refresh
Improve speed with keyboard shortcuts
Custom shortcuts can be designed and built into the Console.
Support my sessions and layouts
The Console can support multi-monitor deployments and re-open tabs and shortcuts based on last login.
Assign to specific groups of people
The Console can be added to profiles or set as default for required profiles, such as a support desk.
Notify the user when specific fields have changed
You can configure push notifications for selected objects/fields in the Console.
There are 5 steps to configure the Salesforce Console for Service:
1. Enable the Service Cloud User feature for the Admin.
2. Create the Console app and assign profiles.
3. Configure the Highlights panel on primary tabs.
4. Build the interaction log layout.
5. Assign the Service Cloud User feature license to users.
SoftPhone and the Console
A way to integrate the phone as a pop-up within the Console to streamline the service call experience.
Computer Telephony Integration
Basics of Call Routing
1. A customer dials a number for Customer Support.
2. A customer is given options for Call Routing through a Telephony System: 1-Product Support, 2-Inquiries, 3-Billing Support
3. An agent uses CTI
CTI and SoftPhone features
Line 1 - on call
Caller ID -
Dialed # - customer's phone number
My Calls Today
a customizable call-control tool that appears in the footer of the Console for Service or in the sidebar of every Salesforce page.
Support agents can do the following with SoftPhone
1. Receive a screen pop on incoming calls.
2. Use integrated call control features.
3. Click to dial for outbound calling.
4. View automatic call logging notes and times.
Administrators can do the following with SoftPhone
1. Customize the layouts for inbound, outbound and internal calls.
2. Define which record pops for an inbound call.
3. Assign SoftPhone layouts to users.
4. Add phone numbers to call center directories.
Call Center and SoftPhone Requirements
To deploy the Call Center and SoftPhone, the following is needed:
1) CTI System
2) CTI Adaptor
4) Deployment configuration
A Computer Telephony Integration system that permits integration with software systems.
Software that integrates the computer and the CTI system.
A customizable call control toolset that integrates with Salesforce and the adapter.
Using the Call Center panel, control the layout and features of the SoftPhone.
is cloud-based technology
What is Open CTI?
It allows embedding third-party, web-based call-control tools directly into the Salesforce interface. With this, partners own the entire call-control stack, including the user interface of the SoftPhone.
Why use Open CTI?
What can developers do with it?
1. Build CTI systems that integrate with Salesforce WITHOUT the use of desktop CTI adapters.
2. Create customizable SoftPhones (call-control tools) that function as fully integrated parts of Salesforce and Console for Service.
3. Provide users with CTI systems that are browser and platform agnostic.
How Open CTI works:
1. The customer inquiry over voice - press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish.
2. CTI Server provides call information, interactive voice response (IVR) routing, etc.
3. CTI API between Salesforce and web-based tools on various browsers.
4. Agent receives call and call information.
CTI and the Console provide
1. Call context and control in the SoftPhone.
2. Increased first-call resolution.
3. Decreased average handling time.
Lets service organizations connect with customers or website visitors in real time through a Web-based, text-only live chat.
A customer using Live Agent
clicks the chat button on the website.
A support agent using Live Agent
responds to the chat in the Console.
The Salesforce Live Agent is an additional feature license
Live Agent User licenses indicate how many users can utilize the feature.
Customers can use Live Agent to:
-Have real-time, one-to-one chat with a support agent.
-Get instant help.
-Ask questions and provide further details in the same engagement.
-Get issues resolved quickly.
-Receive files via file transfer.
-Save a copy of the chat transcript.
Support Agents can use Live Agent to:
-Interact with customers directly from the Console for Service.
-Dynamically display customer information once they open a chat.
-Open a new case immediately once a chat appears.
-Use Quick Text to reply with pre-written messages in one click.
-Transfer chats to other agents with different skills.
-Handle multiple chats at a time.
-Save chat transcripts to a case.
Support Supervisors can use Live Agent to:
-View chat statistics.
-Filter by skills or buttons.
-View chats between agents and customers.
-Directly chat with the agent privately.
-Transfer a chat.
Live Agent Skills
Skills can be created and assigned to different users or profiles.
Allows administrators to automatically route any object that can be put into a Salesforce queue directly to agents to ensure assignments are taken care of quickly and efficiently for a better customer service experience.
It can be configured declaratively without writing code
Example: Chat where you match skills like English & Technical.
Characteristics of Omni-channel routing
1. Create work items from records (leads, cases, chats) using service channels.
2. Route work items to available, qualified agents based on priority and availability.
3. Define a routing configuration to account for prioritization and agent capacity.
4. Associate routing configurations with existing Queues.
5. Allow agents to define their availability with presence statuses.
Chat buttons are associated with Skills
Choose the site and buttons and general configuration per skill:
-language displayed in the chat window
-pre/post login forms
Live Agent Configurations: agents
Options available to agents:
-assigned to users/profiles
-you can have multiple configurations for different users/profiles
Live Agent Configurations: users
User configuration options:
-file transfer feature
Live Agent Configurations: supervisors
-enable supervisor monitoring of chats
Live Agent Configurations: chat transfers
Chat Transfer settings:
-permit transfer of chats to other agents with skills required
Live Agent Deployments
1. Create the core code required to implement the Live Agent for your organization. This code is combined with Chat button code to create the necessary script to implement Live Agent on your site.
2. Multiple Deployments available:
-Save transcript options
-Permitted domains for deployment
Setting up Live Agent
1. Enable Live Agent
2. Assign licenses to users
3. Create skills and assign to users/profiles
4. Create a chat button for the skills
5. Create the Live Agent configuration and assign to users/profiles
6. Create the deployment configuration
8. Integrate Live Agent into Console for Service
9. Test and deploy
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
CIS Exam #2
Computer Science Principles Midterm
Computer Literacy Final
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Service Cloud: Reporting
Salesforce Service Cloud: Industry Knowledge & Analytics
Salesforce Service Cloud: Communities
Salesforce Service Cloud: Salesforce Knowledge
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
Salesforce Service Cloud: Entitlement Management
Salesforce Service Cloud: Case Management
Salesforce Service Cloud Exam