5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Generally, how much exposure compensation (in stops) should be used when using a polarizing filter?
- An 8x10 at 240 ppi will have a resolution of what?
- When the additive primaries are mixed together equally, what is created?
- Panning does what?
- In the 20th century, black & white photographers used the Zone system to tame excessive contrast. Now, digital photographers use what?
- a 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)
- b High Dynamic Range
- c Keeps a moving subject sharp while blurring the background
- d 1-1/2 to 2 stops
- e White (additive primaries are Red, Green Blue)
5 Multiple choice questions
- flat, low contrast light
- Whenever you have two of something (i.e Body parts) put them on slightly different levels
- stopped down
5 True/False questions
A color image with smooth gradations requires at least what bit depth? → 24 bits per pixel (8 per color), which gives 16,777,216 colors
Name two ways you can increase depth of field (other than changing aperture) → 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
To produce optimal sharpness, detail, and resolution, is a higher or lower ISO setting better? → Lower
This technique allows you to keep a subject that is moving toward you well focused → Follow focus
What is a flag? → Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare