5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An 8x10 at 240 ppi will have a resolution of what?
- Cyan is composed of equal parts of what two colors?
- According to the rule of thirds, where should the important parts of an image fall?
- In the 20th century, black & white photographers used the Zone system to tame excessive contrast. Now, digital photographers use what?
- A magic wand tool is used for what?
- a Selecting portions of the image based on color
- b High Dynamic Range
- c 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)
- d Along the lines of an imaginary grid at intersecting points that divide the image into thirds horizontally and vertically
- e Blue & Green
5 Multiple choice questions
- Add green
- Use negative exposure compensation (underexpose). The meter will attempt to make the dark scene 18% grey, underexpose to bring it back to dark.
- lens-to-subject distance
- Relative aperture. The opening on a long lens must be larger than a corresponding opening on a short lens to produce the same f-stops.
5 True/False questions
The useable exposure range of a sensor, or the range of subject brightness is called what? → dynamic range (not to be confused with gamut)
What is the Rule of Two? → Decreases the exposure for areas of the print that the photographer wishes to be lighter
The rule of thirds necessitates that the composition be divided into a grid of now many equal rectangles or squares? → 9
What is a derivative file? → A RAW file that has been altered
An incident-exposure reading for a fair-skinned subject reads f/8, 1/125th at 100 ISO. The next subject is very dark skinned. What is the proper exposure for the second subject? → Use negative exposure compensation (underexpose). The meter will attempt to make the dark scene 18% grey, underexpose to bring it back to dark.