Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (12)
if a place, situation, or thing —— a particular type of person, it produces that type
- Society's obsession with sex has bred a generation of unhappy children.
an unusual way of showing or describing something in a play, film, work of art etc
- His sermons were full of puns and conceits.
something that is pristine is in the same condition as when it was first made
-The car has been restored to pristine condition.
not spoiled or damaged in any way
- pristine African rainforest
the general spirit or feeling of a period in history, as shown by people's ideas and beliefs at the time
- • But those who fought for debt relief should not underestimate the success they have had in changing the zeitgeist.
to train someone to accept a particular set of beliefs, especially political or religious ones, and not consider any others
- People were indoctrinated not to question their leaders.
a situation that is stifling stops you from developing your own ideas and character
- an emotionally stifling relationship
A male teacher who is in charge of a school, especially a private school.
• She came across the campus, strolling easily, accompanied by headmaster Richard Fitzgerald.
- He was scared of incurring his father's wrath.
an escape or an attempt to escape from prison, especially by several people
to happen after or as a result of something SYN follow
- problems that ensue from food and medical shortages
Sb who tells a parent or teacher that another child has done something bad
- Robert is always tattling on me for things I didn't do.
To advice sb
- She counselled them not to accept this settlement.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Unit 20: The art
Skillful 3 Unit 2 Design
Spelling Bee Year 7
Live to eat? (Activator 38,39)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Vite et bien
Poser un lapin