Upgrade to remove ads
book 1, lesson 1 - 8.
Terms in this set (32)
- The bottom of my shoe has a hole in it.
the lowest part of something
- She asked him what time his meeting was. He replied, "at three."
to give an answer or say back to someone.
- The boy approached his school.
to move close to something.
- We used a chart to see how we had improved.
a drawing that shows information in a simple way, often using lines and curves to show amounts
- Henry could not comprehend the message.
to understand something.
- I managed to get good grades on my report card.
a score or mark given to someone's work.
- My lawyer will represent me in court.
to speak or act for a person or group.
to be concern with
-I was filled with concern after reading the newspaper.
a feeling of sympathy (worry) for someone or something
- My dog and I strolled through the park today.
to walk slowly and calmly.
to be content (adjective)
-The baby looked very content sitting on the floor.
to be happy (satisfied) and not want more
- The men spoke about issues that were important to the people.
an important topic or problem for debate or discussion
- My brother and his family reside in a lovely house on the beach.
to live somewhere permanently or for a long time.
- A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.
a wild dog that hunts in groups
— I will likely stay at home and watch TV tonight.
- 1 was not aware of the ringing phone.
to know about something
- Many people believe that owls are very wise animals.
to use experience and intelligence to make good choices
- She doesn't like to yell at me.
to shout something or make a loud noise, usually when you are angry, in pain or excited
- Only one individual could win the bicycle race.
— Being tall is an advantage to a basketball player.
Something that is helpful or useful, (benefit)
to contribute to
- We decided to contribute money to the new factory.
to give something, especially money, in order to provide or achieve something together with other people
- Winners have 90 days to claim their prizes.
to say that something is true or belongs to you, although you cannot prove it
- Her sudden departure surprised us all.
happens very quickly
-He is fat. Therefore, he will go on a diet.
for this reason
- I wonder why they left.
to want to know about smth
- The scientists proposed a new theory
put forward (an idea or plan) for consideration or discussion by others.
- Please arrange the bowling pins in order so we can play.
to put things in the right place/order
- My sister and I attend the same school.
to go to or be present at
to tear - tore - torn
- It is easy to tear paper.
pull something apart or to pieces with force
- My football coach will encourage us when we are losing.
to make somebody want to do something
- The pattern of family life has been changing over recent years.
a particular way in which something is done, is organized, or happens
(пример, шаблон, образ жизни)
to hang - hung - hung
- 1 drew a picture of my family, and my mother hung it on the wall.
to keep smth above the ground
- Please don't chase after me.
to run after someone or something in order to catch them
You might also like...
Trimester 1 Vocabulary
"Sharon's LINC 5 class April 7 - 9"
A2R-B1 Mod3 W3 Leisure Vocab (1)
Commonly - vocabulary
Other Quizlet sets
Ch. 19 Doppler
Unit 5- nutrition
History of Rock Test #2