5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To emphasize texture in a portrait, what kind of light source is recommended?
- Name 3 ways to make a tonal adjustment in Photoshop
- How much resolution do you need for: Internet? Newspaper? Photographic print? Glossy magazine?
- When mixed in varying proportion, the subtractive primary colors produce what?
- When adjusting an image with levels, if you want to make any color neutral quickly, what would you do?
- a Click with the neutral-point dropper on the selected color
- b Small light source at an angle brushing across the subject
- c All colors
- d Curves adjustment; Levels adjustment; Brighteness/Contrast adjustment
- e Internet = 72 ppi; Photographic print = 240-300 ppi; Gloss magazine = 400 ppi
5 Multiple choice questions
- four times more
- The intensity of the illumination is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from light to subject. At twice the distance from the subject, the light illuminates only 1/4 of the original.
- Blue & Green
- Add magenta
- An 8-BIT sequence that represents 256 possibilities - black & white & 254 shades of grey. The size of a file is the number of bytes it contains.
5 True/False questions
What color is opposite Red on the color wheel? → Cyan
What is TTL? → Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
The smallest unit of digital information is called a what? → Selecting portions of the image based on color
What are quad- and hex- tone printing? → Luminance is light reflected from the subject surface (measured by a reflected-light meter), while Illuminance is light falling on a subject surface (as measured with an incident light meter)
The relative aperture is equal to the lens focal length divided by what? → aperture diameter