5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Hormones released that interact with nearby cells or cells on the same organ
- b deficit in the motor programming of articulatory movements in the absence of muscular weakness or paralysis
- c decreased blood flow
- d branches of neuron, transmits information into the cell
- e Occlusion of a blood vessel by an embolus (a loose clot or air bubble or other particle)
5 Multiple choice questions
- infestation with lice
- fluid which "bathes" the brain, acts as a cushion and brings nutrients and removes waster from the brain tissue
- internal inspection of a joint with a scope
- A peptide hormone secreted by cardiac atrial cells in response to atrial distension (increased blood flow); causes increased renal sodium excretion and as such lowers blood pressure (antagonizing aldosterone).
- area in the frontal lobe which is important for planning and initiating higher level thinking
5 True/False questions
Cushings Disease → High levels of glucocorticoids ->over production of cortisol by the adrenal gland (possible over secretion of ACTH). ________ would cause this.
Medication to reduce production or surgery / radiation
Coticobulbar tract → -control muscles of the face, tongue, pharynx,larynx, trapezius and SCM; originates in the cerebral cortex and synapses on cranial nerve nuclei in the brainstem; crosses in brainstem
spastic → What is the symptom described as increased muscle tone?
frontal lobe → 1/4 of the cortex, biggest lobe of the brain, bounded posteriorly by central suclus, contains Broca's area
stratum lucidum →
a layer of the epidermis found only in the thick skin of the fingers, palms, and soles