5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Yellow on Phenol Red
- How do you read results for the OF Test?
- since fats are digested to fatty acids (organic acids) during hydrolysis, they do what to the pH of the sample they're in?
- a weight
- b Acidic
- c rule out
- d lower the pH
- e In order to be considered oxidized one tube must be yellow on top and red on the bottom while the other tube must be all red. Yellow indicates acid production.
5 Multiple choice questions
What indicator is used in the above sugar fermentation test?
- Uses 2 diff. colored basic stains. Allows for discrimination of diff. types of cells
Gram Stain and Acid Fast Stain
- Bacterial Growth Phase - As a nutrient becomes less available and the accumulation of waste products becomes more toxic the death rate exceeds the rate of depletion
- no show; not seen
- steroid hormone produced by the kidneys in response to the presence of PTH; stimulates calcium and phosphate ion absorption in the digestive tract; the active form of Vitamin D
5 True/False questions
Eosin Methylene Blue → the protein digesting enzyme in the stomach
E. coli → What comon gram negative bacteria does the starch hydrolysis test for
transient microbes → maintains lining of uterus
Instrumental activities of daily living → secretion of gelatinase by microbes to hydrolyze gelatin
there ex → therapeutic exercise