5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat.
- b Surgical repair of the pharynx.
- c Shallow or slow respiration.
- d Condition in which the lung fails to expand because air cannot pass beyond the bronchioles that are blocked by secretions.
- e A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Surgical removal of the larynx.
- Test that measures physiological activity during sleep.
- Accumulation of blood in the pleural cavity.
- Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
- Surgical removal of all or part of a lung.
5 True/False questions
dyspnea → Difficult or labored breathing.
hypercapnia → Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
pleurectomy → Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
emphysema → Progressive loss of lung function due to a decrease in the total number of alveoli, the enlargement of the remaining alveoli, and then the progressive destruction of their walls.
diphtheria → The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.