Terms in this set (23)
Other sets by this creator
Flickr Creative Commons Images
Some images used in this set are licensed under the Creative Commons through Flickr.com.
Click to see the original works with their full license.
- literally (adv) (/ˈlɪt̬.ɚ.əl.i/) (Translations that are done too literally often don't flow well or don't sound natural.)
- disclosure (n) (/dɪˈskloʊ.ʒɚ/) (Any public disclosure of this information would be very damaging to the company. The newspaper made damaging disclosures of management incompetence.)
- tenet (n) (/ˈten.ɪt/) (It is a tenet of contemporary psychology that an individual's mental health is supported by having good social networks.)
- hierarchy (n) (/ˈhaɪ.rɑːr.ki/) (Some monkeys have a very complex social hierarchy. He rose quickly through the political hierarchy to become party leader.)
- frustration (n) (/frʌsˈtreɪ.ʃən/) (I could sense his frustration at not being able to help. This job has more than its fair share of frustrations.)
- milieu (n) (/miːlˈjɜː/) (It is a study of the social and cultural milieu in which Michelangelo lived and worked.)