1. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
2. A scientific view is that, while a tree will make waves in the air, to make a sound, it takes an ear to hear it.
3. I hear a lot of talking, but I don't hear a lot of real listening.
Other sets by this creator
A In each of the following sentences, underline the pronoun that completes the sentence correctly. Then, indicate the pronoun's case by writing above it for nominative case, for objective case, or for possessive case. In charge of the publicity for the fund-raising dinner were Ms. Platero and (he, him).
Complete chaque analogie d'une maniere logique.
- conduire : permis :: voyager a l'etranger :
- danger : au secours! :: incendie :
a. au feu!
c. au voleur!
- pompiers : camion :: ambulanciers :
- criminels : prison :: blesses :
- la France : le 18 :: Les etats-Unis :
a. le 411
b. le 911
c. le 50
"I Am Helen of Troy..." Use resources (encyclopedias, dictionaries, collections of myths, and on-line sources) to find out more about a character from Greek mythology. You might research one of the characters in the story. What was the judgment of Paris, for instance, and why is Achilles' heel famous? Present your findings in a first-person report, speaking as if you are the figure you've researched. Tell who you are, why you're remembered, and what you accomplished.